“If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up space.” Lou Whitaker, first American to climb Mt. Everest
Today’s marketplace is littered with consumer brands, most of who are just taking up space on the retail shelf, unclear of their consumer target or brand positioning.
Most of these brands will struggle to reach their true potential due to poor planning, too many priorities, misaligned resources and weak execution. Everest Consulting provides the needed industry expertise with the strategic and operational know-how to help your brand achieve its fullest potential.
With over 25 years of operating and management consulting experience, John has worked for leading companies Nike, K2 Sports, CDI/Mercer Management, and Procter & Gamble, throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. In multiple senior leadership positions, his success has been in turning around troubled organizations, solving the most challenging strategic issues and leading diverse businesses to new levels of growth and effectiveness.
John’s broad set of leadership expertise includes:
- Driving profitable growth in highly competitive environments
- Successfully turning around and rebuilding troubled organizations in the US and Asia
- Developing the Corporate Strategic Plan & leading the annual operating planning process
- Establishing a comprehensive sales management strategy to increase profitability and identify key partners to accelerate growth
- Managing the Asian operations, including product creation, global sourcing and regional sales
John received his MBA from the Wharton School of Business and his B.S. from the University of California Berkeley. He also speaks Mandarin Chinese.
John serves of the Board of Directors for USA Taekwondo, the National Governing Body for the Olympic sport of Taekwondo. He is also a world-class IRONMAN triathlete, an avid outdoorsman and active in his local community as a youth soccer coach and as Chairperson of the Lake Oswego School Advisory Committee.